“The only way to learn something, is to mess with it really badly.”
How many changes haven’t we all made to program’s settings while trying to figure out how the “damn” thing works?
…..and the good thing is, that after some time, we forget all about them and try to figure out why things do not appear the way they are supposed to!!!!
Well, there’s no need to worry about all that any more! Just follow the steps below and at the end (hopefully) MSP will be like the 1st time you’ve installed it!
1. Close Project 2013 (if running).
2. Open Windows Explorer and navigate to:
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\MS Project\15\<locale id>
Your locale ID is going to be a number. In my PC that is “1033”.
3. Delete the Global.MPT file (contains settings information like: Views, Reports, Modules, Tables, Filters, Calendars, Maps, Fields and Groups).
4. From the Start menu, click Run and type Regedit.exe
5. From the Registry Editor window, navigate to the following Registry Key:
6. Right click on the Options key and click Export.
7. In the Export Registry File dialog box, select the location, name the file and click Save.
8. Right click on the Options key and click Delete.
9. In the Confirm Delete Key dialog box, click Yes.
10. Close the Registry Editor.
11. Relaunch Project 2013.
Enjoy messing around without any worries!